Sooooo…I’ve been doing the 75 Hard Challenge for 8 days now. It is a mental challenge that lasts 75 days. And I’m not going to lie, it hasn’t been easy. I am doing the challenge because I want to be more disciplined and get rid of all the excuses I make for not doing things. All the things!
There are 5 rules. But if you miss a step or mess up, you have to start over. Which to me, is terrifying.
1. Follow a meal plan/diet of your choice. No cheat meals or alcohol. (I chose to use a calorie deficit so that I am not super restricted)
2. Take a progress picture every day. (I post on my Tik Tok every day)
3. Drink a gallon of water every day
4. Read 10 pages of a business/entrepreneurial type book every day. (I read The Middle Finger Project by Ash Ambirge. I 100% recommend this to anybody who likes a relatable, realistic author! Today I started Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop.)
5. Work out twice a day for at least 45 minutes each. One workout has to be outside. (So far my second workout is a 45 minute walk at the local park.)
So far this is what works best for me. I get up at 5:30a. Drink my pre-workout and go to the gym. I refill my cup of choice with water from my gallon and head inside. Workout for 45 minutes to an hour. Sit in the Sauna for about 5 to 10 minutes. Head home. Make a cup of coffee, shower, then start my work day. After that cup of coffee I only drink water as my drink of choice for the rest of the day until it’s gone. I eat regularly, but I try to make smart choices and I track everything. Even the fun size Reese’s! After my work day, I go for my second workout. When I come home, I shower…because, ew. Then I eat dinner. Then read.
It is exhausting so far. Especially, staying motivated to do the second workout after working all day. And the getting up at 5:30 part. But, I will say this. I feel better. I feel more accomplished.
The food part is easy. Even easier if I meal prep. Which, I didn’t have time this week. But, I even went to Texas Roadhouse!! And I tracked it. I lost a pound and a half in the first week. And I haven’t felt the need to binge eat. Except maybe a little on the rolls. BUT, I tracked them.
This is going to be a fun journey! I’m hoping I can tough it out and develop some good habits. Stick around. And please feel free to join me. I don’t know anybody else who is doing this. Except the people on Tik Tok.