Okay, so I mentioned the other day I was going back on Keto. Yeah, about that. I am definitely one of those people who find comfort in food. And, I refuse to starve myself. So here’s what happened.
The day went great! I ate my meal prep throughout the day, and even tracked it. I chose to let yesterday be a rest day from the gym because I honestly felt like I didn’t have time. And it was raining, which is my favorite weather of all time! So, instead I read some of the book I’ve been reading on the porch with the pup (he’s actually 5, but who’s counting). I read a bit, then went inside and wrote a bit. Then did some of my photography. Before I knew it, it was dinner time. I heated up my dinner, which the protein was something new. Stew Meat. I had never had it. It looks like regular beef. Like a roast, but cubed up. I cooked it in a pan on the stove after marinating it. That’s what diets are, really. Experimenting and finding things you like so that you aren’t miserable. Y’all! I imagine that’s what it would feel like to eat pencil erasers!!! It was chewy and crunchy at the same time. So then, since I was upset about having broccoli and asparagus for dinner (the sides for that dinner) and being too lazy to make anything (one of the reasons I meal prep), I had cookies. And they weren’t even the cookies I prepped! Then I thought, I can’t have broccoli, asparagus, and cookies for dinner. So I had Taco Bell.
And what’s cool is, I don’t regret it. I am human too. Oh, and I looked at my calorie consumption after all the food I ate before the cookies and Taco Bell. And they were low. That means, the meal prep won’t go to waste! As promised, I wanted to let you all know what I prepped this week so you can see what Keto could look like for you. Suggestion: Don’t use stew meat unless you know how to cook it.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 can linguine Palmini Noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken bullion cubes (or bullion powder to taste)
- 2 cooked chicken breast
- Season to taste. I used poultry seasoning, salt, and Italian seasoning
- Pack of breakfast sausage- brown it up
- Mix 6-8 eggs in a bowl with 2 tbs of heavy cream or half and half
- Season the egg mixture to tase
- Grease a pie pan
- Put your sausage in the egg mixture
- Our half of the egg mixture into the pie pan
- Add a layer of veggies (I used fresh spinach)
- Our the other half of the egg mixture
- Bake at 350 until cooked though.
- Add cheese of your choice to the top and continue baking until it is melted
Keto PB Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup No Sugar Added PB
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- splash of vanilla
- 1 egg
- Generous dash of pumpkin spice
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes
- Cheese of your choice
- Meat of your choice
- Nuts of your choice
- Steam two bags of broccoli in the microwave
- Melt 2 Tbsp of cream cheese and 1/3 cup white cheddar, or cheddar cheese in a pan
- Add 2 tbsp of half and half or heavy cream to keep from scorching and to make creamy
- drain the broccoli to get rid of as much water as possible
- Add broccoli to pan and stir to get the broccoli cheesey
- Season to taste
Pan fried until tender with garlic salt and olive oil
I will not be telling you about the stew meat, because I jacked it up. But, if you can tell me how to make it, that’d be great!!